CPU heatsink wont fit?!?!?

I am in Canada, so i didnt use newegg.com at all.... theres some computer stores around where i live so ill check them out... i need to get an audio cable for the cd rom drive to the sound card because it didnt come with anything i purchased so i am going to hunt one down. and yes technology advances too fast! i ended up going with the 7900gt... figure when prices drop ill add another and SLI them. i was going to wait for AM2 but seeing how as of right now its not a major difference i went ahead with my build... i think this one will last me quite a long time....and i didnt get one of those raptor drives... too expensive.... i got a nice WD 250gb SATAII drive. if those raptors drop in price i will be sure to get one though.

I haven't done anything to my system yet. It's going on it's second year now. It can run for the next couple of years easily. I'm just waiting for a major change in PC hardware to upgrade. Maybe when DDR2 gets out or something.

It's pretty good. There's a good chance that I may leave it as it is. I don't know. The temptation of a whole new change in technology is a lot greater than a new video card model. It involves new chipsets with the new motherboards, new RAM modules, and better CPUs. Socket 939's been around for the last 3 years? That's a long time. I'm looking forward to the new Microsoft Office when it comes out. It should be really soon. Vista too. Here's the thing. When I upgrade to VIsta, I will have a new PC. There, that's my decision maker...

I never pushed the leve down on my heatsink. Those clips on each side were hard enough to get on, that thing isn't going anywhere!

yep the heat sink isnt going anywhere now.... and microsoft office 2007 was just annouced when i went out and bought the 2003 version. i may try to return it ... or just upgrade in a year...and when vista comes out we will all need new video cards for best performance will we not?? i may wait 2 years or so after the release of vista to get it..."

edit: MarxSoccer i got the same mobo and RAM as you! how do u like them?

I never had any problems with levers. Mine pushed down just fine. I applied a little pressure and it basically snaps into place. Well, it doesn't really snap, but you can feel a slight hesitation and then it goes down securing it. When I let up on the lever, the heatsink loosens up real easily. Maybe my CPU model is older and the newer heatsinks are designed differently.

I hope to get the new Office through my MSDN account for free. We'll see when the actually release comes out. I should be able to download it as an ISO image. Just as I did with all my other Microsoft products.

thats exactly what i felt with the lever... a bit of hesetation then it snapped right into place. office 2007 is looking good from what i have seen so far....

i am going to get back to my build tomorrow, as i am getting very tired. but basically i need to install the mobo in the case install the gpu, hdd, and optical drive and hook up everything to the power supply and what not... should be fun! especially installing windows!

Don't forget to put the risers on the case so the motherboard can rest on them during installation. It should come in a small bag with a whole bunchof screws in it. Lay it in and screw it down. Once the motherboard is in, you don't want to be taking it back out again. That is why I always test it out before I put the motherboard into the case. When you install Windows, turn on the power and put the Windows CD in there and reboot (CTL+ALT+DEL).

Back
Top Bottom