Processor Compatibility

Oh, yeah no problem there. That P4 will fit it no problem. CPUs are pretty easy to install. The CPU itself goes in one way. If it doesn't, then you're putting it in wrong. The heatsink part can give some people problems. There should be a huge posterized installation guide that will help you in huge pictures and numbers. It's like a CPU install for dummies instruction. Make sure it's lined up the way it's meant to be installed and start locking everything up.

Thanks. If I wanted to replace the cooling, what would I have to look for for compatibility?

CPUs usually come with the manufacturer cooling solution but if you don't like it, you have alternatives to choose from. If you go on different websites such as Newegg.com, they have a link where you can look up heatsinks and fans. Then it will go on further and tell you what CPU they support. It's just a matter of going on there and searching for the heatsinks. BUt whatever heatsink you find, it will always tell you what CPU they are compatible with.

Your welcome, but I highly recommend stock cooling unless you're planning on Overclocking the processor to some great number. Usually, 200-400MHz OC should be just fine on stock cooling. I'm running on stock cooling with an overclock and it runs perfect.

In general, they're around 65 degree Celsius for tolerable highs. Intel CPUs can probably go up to the high 70's as their threshold. FOr the Athlon 64's they have lower temp threshold like around 65 degrees for a high. Mine runs at 42 degrees right now.

Yeah, temps change depending on system config. Rule of thumb is to just keep it under 60 degrees. The lower the better. GPU on the other hand can withstand insanely high temps. My GPU can handle 120 degrees plus celsius!!!

Back
Top Bottom