Identifying windows xp disks :S

welshy

Baseband Member
Hello,

I'm trying to re-install windows xp pro on a pc, but have mixed the disk up with other xp pro disks, i was wondering if there was a way of finding which disk goes with which serial number, or if you can identy it by using the current installations of the OS and the disks.

Thanks for all your help
Welshy

disks shouldnt matter. its just the serial numbers which are designed for each specific pc once its been installed. just use any cd but the original serial

cheers dude1234,

one more question, will it matter if i use a different hard drive?

thanks ;)

yes! might not let you install it on 2 pcs using one product key. sometimes you are lucky and it works but most of the time it wont let you activate it so i wouldnt bother.

You can install it on both pcs fine - but you will need to activate it (or use a sneaky activation crack) *dont ask me how to get one* to rid of the activation popup.

exactly. it will install on any pc how ever many times you want but you can usually only activate in on one pc. your not really meant to talk about cracks on here mate! and with my past experience of them i feel they arnt really worth using as i messed up my pc a few times.

well, ill tell you a story.

i had an xp home cd. and an xp pro cd. i was giving one to a friend. i accidentaly gave him the one that i already activated, and he said it installed and activated no problem. it was an OEM version.

Back
Top Bottom