Buidling New Computer!!!

It's good. It will make a great system, just remember that BF2 shouldn't be played at max settings with only 1gb of mem. You'll need to decide whats more important, an extra $100 or maxed out settings in BF2.

That setup looks good, Xiggy.

And to what kchi55 said, i realize that he misinterpreted what was being asked but to comment on that point he made about it not supporting dual core processors. It will support them with a BIOS upgrade so there's no worries if you ever decide to upgrade your CPU to dual core.

ok sounds good....now i really need to decide btwn 2gb or 1gb.........hmmmmm...i wish they sold 1gb cards of ballistix...can ne one help me here???...

k guys look at this
http://images.crucial.com/pdf/CrucialDoom3.pdf
is that saying that ddr500 is way better...becasue i have a friend with the same mobo who overclocked his mobo for ddr500 easy...so should i get it or would ballistix ddr400 be fine???...also since they dont make 1gb cards should i just buy 2 sets of 512x2 so i can have 2gb's thx

some one plz help...here are my options

2x512mb ddr400 dual channel crucial ballistix
or
4x512mb ddr400 crucail ballistix

now which one would be better???...i have a feeling that the 4x would be better...but would the dual channel run faster??? thx

You're right, 2GBs is obviously going to be better. But if you are going to buy 2GBs then go with a 2X1GB setup instead of the 4X512MB. Surely crucial makes a 1GB RAM module? But if you are just going with 1GB of memory then definitely buy 2X512MB dual channel. It's just that having 4 RAM modules will be much harder on the memory controller and putting that stress on a computer is not good for obvious reasons.

umm well after teh school year ends which is about halfway through may i think...so i think that after that i will have the money and the time...also what is ur setup djr777....and crucial does not make 1gb modules sadly:( so is 2gb necessary for high graphics bf2...i will probably end up getting 2gb so can u help me find another type of ram that is just as good...also i will buy a 1gb stick first and then buy another later...plz help...thx

Back
Top Bottom