New Video Card

wedroptozero

Baseband Member
I am looking to purchase a new video card to replace my current XFX 6600GT because I am upgrading from CRT (1024x768) to LCD (1280x1024) and want to improve my gaming at a higher resolution. I have been looking at both the 6800GS and 7600GT cards. Since they are both about the same price, which would you suggest? I know one advantage of the 6800GS is the 256-bit interface, which helps in AA environments. Any suggestion as to what my purchase should be?

Are you limted to those? And what is your budget? Because I have a slew of other cards to show you.

i use the 6800 GS. it works fine fyi. i think the 6800GS was based off of the 7600 core so... logically... the 7600GT should perform better. i don't know about their overclocking abilities. i've never tried it.

As far as my budget goes I don't want to spend over 200, and also, I have an ASUS motherboard that supports SLI, does this mean I can use two ATI cards in crossfire or would I need a motherboard that specifically stated that it supported crossfire?

wedroptozero said:
As far as my budget goes I don't want to spend over 200, and also, I have an ASUS motherboard that supports SLI, does this mean I can use two ATI cards in crossfire or would I need a motherboard that specifically stated that it supported crossfire?

Nope, sorry, unfortunately you won't be able to use two ATI cards on an SLi capable motherboard, but you will be able to use two identical nvidia cards, you'll just have to see which cards are capable of SLi.

Back
Top Bottom