Urgent: A Threat To Cf?

alvino said:
Dude, seriously...that game is creepy! It's dark and you have your flashlight and the occasional light here and there, but they just come out of nowhere...literally. If you thought FEAR was scary, think again. If you play this game, you'll find things familiar though...the game was developed by the same developers of FEAR, Monolith.

dude, i know!
omg, i was like pissin my pants in the beginning, when the druggys jump out at you. lol

Message to the mods:

That's right, it's not over yet. Just because I've been banned doesn't mean all your problems are solved. You see, in light of recent and past events I have come to the realization that the few people I made enemies with were actually the only friends I had (on the forums). I see now the everlasting, internal power struggle of the online community will never be satisfied and that there is no need for someone like me to be apart of it. Though, that doesn't mean I still can't have a little fun after I'm through writing this.
Dude, what's fun about spamming the place? surely you can't get that much satisfaction about pressing the submit new thread button?
all it does is annoy the other members...
clearly I have no bones about moving spam away, it doesn't bother me, and most of the other mods couldn't really care less either, it's a three button process to get rid of the spam.
a single button to ban an account, if the fun is in inconvieniencing the mods, clearly it's a short lived fun.
if the fun is in trying to ruin the place then clearly that fun is also short lived.
in short, I just don't get it! where is the fun in spamming?

Message to the members:

I ask that you try and come to the same realization as me, be smart, be intelligent, be independant, and most of all, realize your surroundings...anaylize them.
That said, I know that I cannot just change peoples minds like that but I can give you that push-start you need and from there it's up to you. I know that the majority of the people belonging to the forums are intelligent enough to make there own decisions.

-Goodbye
The dude i right, you should all look at your surroundings, if you like the place, as I assume that this guy did, then try to respect it,
If everyone played by the rules, (Which IMHO arn't too strict) then there would never be any problems.

Seriously, whatever happens, CF will recover.
I for one am not under this illusion or anything, as he describes members to be under.

I have respect for him as a person and all, but these acts are merely immature. If you become banned or something unjust in your opinion is done to you, the worst thing you can do is be negative to the party(s) who have done it to you.

All the same, from what I've heard, he was banned for acts that he did. In a case like that, you have noone to blame but yourself unfortunately.

ComputerForums.org has been a lot of things.. and as a community, we will continue to recover from negative times when they come.

I for one am not under this illusion or anything, as he describes members to be under.
I didn't say you were under an illusion, I just said that people should look around, if they like what they see then they should do what it takes to kep it good, if they don't like it, then they should be asking themselves why are they ever here?
Here in St Andrews, the sun is shining.

Spammers, get out more.
Blinding weather here in bristol too... so I'm off out to enjoy the sunshine...

later dudes.

root said:
I didn't say you were under an illusion, I just said that people should look around, if they like what they see then they should do what it takes to kep it good, if they don't like it, then they should be asking themselves why are they ever here?

Hehe, I wasn't talking about you.. :p
I was more so talking about the message recieved and posted in the first post of this thread.. as it seems that he thinks we're under some illusion of what this community is.

I have looked at my surroundings here, and although I can't agree with everything (not one person can), I enjoy this community and will continue to contribute to it.

It seems that, except for Dev, all the spammers and whatnot are just new users that basically haven't posted anything related to computers whatsoever on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom