Creating A Cluster

JDrury

Beta member
I have a couple of computers sitting around my house and what i was wanting to do is use them as a sever to have them all act as one server and put some use to them. If a cluster is not the right for it then im sorry i dont really know the jargin but i have alot of experience with computers. All I need is to know if this is possible because i want to run like game servers on it for like a lan war if there is any possible way that would be great to know thanks.

Yes, it is possible, and cluster is the correct term for what you want to do. I don't have a link just yet for you, but I will research this subject. While I was in school, I knew a guy that built a linux cluster with 5 seperate computers- all acting as one server. I'm thinking of buying a few old computers, say 333MHz AMD machines and building one. PM me with any links you find on this subject.

Just Googled it.....this link looks good

yea it was provided on the other post but on the other one i didnt have that much information and really know what i was talking about so i researched it and found out really what i wanted and now i came for help.

Back
Top Bottom