Building Gaming Computer...Amd 3200+ good option???

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
k guys now if u look in my sig at my future setup i will be building a new gaming computer on a pretty tight budget and i will be looking for something to be around 150 dollars...now i found this and a guy i know that builds computers recommended it...and he says if i was going to spend that much it will be the best thing to go with...also later i can upgrade if i want...also it has the e6 core instead of the e4 core...the e6 only costs 5 dollars more so should i get that??? thx also amd is faster for gaming right???? thx

yeah that would be good, since you dont have n overkill video card nothing will bottle neck. but i really dont understand why you getting 2 gigs, the only game that it makes much of a diff in is like bf2 which has huge maps....

yeh but i want it to play battlefield 2 very good...because it is the main game i play...also i am starting with a 1gb card then later buying another exact one to do dual channel :)...thx

um...you need to buy a dual channel kit in order to have your memory to be dual channeled. it doesn't work to have identical sticks, you need to buy them in a package.

umm thats not exactly ture.......the memory has to be the same size...its better to buy the memory in a dual channel kit cuz they have tested to make sure the cl times match..........my firend has two different 512 sticks from different companies and it works just as good as my kingston vaule dual channel pack

Dual channel works with identical pairs or different sticks, provided that the speed and everything matches. It is recommended that you buy them in a pack though, because they're usually tested specifically for dual channel.

Get the E6 stepping, it's better than the E4 stepping. The 3200+ is the Venice core, right? Yeah, that thing will overclock nicely. I have mine overclocked to 2.4ghz with 1.425v running with temperatures at 34*c-35*c at idle or little activity. Keep in mind that my Delta Tri-Blade is running a it's lowest speed too. :D

The 3200 is a good option, I've seen reviews of the Vience getting to 2.7ghz on stock cooler and stock voltage :D

I ended up with the E4 version of the 3200+.. eh oh well. Still works great.

Alvino is right, my dad's workstation happens to have two 1gb sticks. One is a corsair 3200 and 2.5 cas, the other is a mushkin 3200 at 2.5 cas, and it runs in dual channel.

I don't know why my dad got 2 gigs of memory for that computer... it's not even used heavily.. just a 2.66ghz p4 with a geforcefx 5500.. no gaming.. nothing intensive.. just browsing the web and such..

As for not bottlenecking.. your not too far off, but not completely accurate.

Running half-life2 at 1600x1200 with 4xaa and everything else maxed (cept hdr, doesn't work with aa on nvidia cards..) the game runs smoothe, really nice. However, lowering the resolution and the aa does not improve performance much at all. It is the same with UT2004. It's most likely a CPU bottle neck.

Back
Top Bottom