Help!!

darkmage55

Beta member
When i downloaded a file to a disc from the internet and took it to my other computer without internet, when i tried to open the file from the disc it asked me what program i wanted to run it in. i clicked windows media player and i figured out that that wouldnt work. does anyone know how to change what i can open it up through? I am using a windows 98 PC. Thanks.

You can right click the file, and select Properties.
Right near the top, it'll say 'Open With...' and the program name currently selected.

Click Change and choose a new program. ;)

its a .zip file and for some reason when i try to click "properties" it doesnt bring up the properties window. could it be because my computer doesnt have a CD-RW drive and im using a CD-RW disc?

darkmage55 said:
its a .zip file and for some reason when i try to click "properties" it doesnt bring up the properties window. could it be because my computer doesnt have a CD-RW drive and im using a CD-RW disc?
That shouldn't make any difference, the drive that is.
Tell me you aren't trying to play a .zip file on Media Player please.
You need to unzip it first.
Get Winzip, 7zip or WinRar (though XP has a built in that should do it, just reread your original post, you'll need winzip, 7zip or WinRar on a 98 box)
right click the file and look for unzip or extract etc (you'll need to unzip it to your hdd as you wont be able to write to the disk)

Back
Top Bottom