LAN Filters

Reiyoku

In Runtime
does anyone know of any LAN filtering software there maybe around or any enbeaded firmware that can be done for the ZYXEL presite router 324

I have been trying to make the home LAN a bit more safer and hopefully geta keyword blocker as my router only blocks exact URL blocking so it's hard to filter a catagory

Thanks for reading.

yeah I don't mind that I have a spare pc I don't use how do I make that act as a server so I can use it to filter my network around the house.

seems really good I like it would it be wise to stick this software and run it on it's own computer.

Yes, you would need an additional computer to use that, also on that computer you would need dual NIC's

because its set up to be used as a "firewall appliance" sorta like a router, you would set it up like this..

Internet>Router(if you want)>Smoothwall box>hub> computers
or
Internet>Smoothwall>hub>computers
or not sure if you can but i dont see why not
Internet>smoothwall>router>computers

you would need one card for the "internet side" and one for your "private network side"

one question Is a hub box the same as a router or his a hub box basicly an external group of ethernet slots so that all of the computers can connect to.

so it will be, ntl box > router > smoothwell pc > hub box for slots > Computers/people

so that would be that for me, i'm just a bit confused on what a hub box is.

a hub is almost like a router, however does not have any "smart" capabilities, all it does is allow multiple connections, no firewall or anything like that.

like multiple computers share one connection.
91544l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom