new cpu

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
im thinking about buying a amd 4400+ dual core cpu but im wondering just how long it will last me, is it worth buying? and if i did buy it how long would this setup last before i needed to upgrade again?

I think it'd last you a very long time, unless they decided to release a new connection type for CPU's, but even then, 4400+ mhz is ALOT of power. Especially if its dual core, so if you can afford it, I don't see why not.

There are many applications now that will make use of a dual core CPU, and with the new Viesta coming out that will also be able to take use of dual core, it may be the perfect time to upgrade.

go for it! it's like what, 2.4 ghz? i think, i don't know. i think its got 2x1mb of l2 cache, unlike the 3800 and 4200 which only has 512, but the x2 line of processors are extremely powerful, it will definitely last you a while, especially with vista. sure it's no fx-60, but that processor is crazy, and theres no need for it

its 2.2GHz with 2x1mb L2 cache, if i got it i would diffinately overclock it so im hoping to get it to around 2.6GHz maybe even 2.8GHz if im lucky

Thats one DEMON of a CPU. You should be satisfied with it. But like it's been said, you'd probably get better performance in games with an FX series CPU... but on the flipside, when games actually start taking advantage of dual core, all current FX cpus (cept the fx60) will be obsolete.

I'd go for it if you have the money. It will be future proof because soon, more and more programmers are going to start writing programs that support dual core processors. Single core is becoming obsolete. I'd say it should last you a couple of years.

Yep, I believe Windows XP would do it automatically.

"For example, if you have Microsoft Windows XP (which supports multithreading), you could have your Internet browser open along with a virus scanner running in the background, while using Windows Media Player to stream your favorite radio station and the dual-core processor will handle the multiple threads of these programs running simultaneously with an increase in performance and efficiency.

Today Windows XP and hundreds of applications already support multithread technology, especially applications that are used for editing and creating music files, videos and graphics because types of programs need to perform operations in parallel. As dual-core technology becomes more common in homes and the workplace, you can expect to see more applications support thread-level parallelism." http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Hardware_Software/2005/dual_core.asp

Theres proof that Windows XP actually supports Dual Core.

Back
Top Bottom