need new video card, have a few in mind.

nah, ordering off the internet is extremely safe. i perfer it over any local store, because most of the time there are great deals, tons of selection, and its really easy. the only thing is waiting for it to come. but you should order off of newegg, it's one of the best online computer retailers

hmmm i think they would if u just explain that newegg is one of the most trusted comp parts suppliers in america...also its very likely that the prices u find on there will be better then any local store, i dont know about u but i like saving money :p

Local store shops are rarely worthwhile. Get this, a nearby store sales a 6600GT for $200. I just got a 7600GT for $179.
They sale the amd64 for 3000+ for $160, I just got the 3200+ for $154 from newegg.

You get the idea.

there is ONE shop around here I do trust though.. that would be PC club. They sold me my motherboard for $2 more than newegg, and since the shipping would even it out I decided to go for it.

Lol, buying online is less dangerous than giving someone your credit number over the phone. You guys have Best Buy's over there, or CompUSA's? Lol, I'm sure there are some kind of tech stores around you guys. I looked up on the BestBuy website, and found a 7300gs Geforce, for only about 100 dollars. Check it out, it may fit your needs if you're not looking for extreme gaming. The Nvidia 7000 series is their highest line of cards, so you know its good.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01151&id=1138087658936

Yeah, but it runs like total utter crap compared to a 6600. *speaks from experience*

It might have more features, but that just makes it another FX card. Full of features but no power to back it's claims up.

i remember back when i knew nothing about computers, i was upgrading my dell dimension 3000. i spent 100 dollars at bestbuy for a pci fx 5200... stores overprice their things so much, you can't get a half decent pci-e card for under 75 dollars from any store. at best, you could get a refurbished card with a broken fan.

You could always get someone else out of your family to buy it for you, say like an aunt or uncle. Maybe a friend thats good with computers, could get it off ebay, and you just pay him for the card and shipping. Seriously if you buy from Newegg.com you have so many more options than just your regular tech shop. Go with this 6600 for decent performance, and only about 90 bucks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130260

Back
Top Bottom