Nintendo names new video game console

Well it's because no one knew what the Revolution's real name was. Nintendo kept the whole console under tight seal. Pretty much nothing was revealed until Nintendo did so. The controller, the exact specs, everything wasn't revealed until the time came. I do kind of wish Nintendo chose a better name, but hey, not like I want one or I'm going to buy one.

yeah. really. im not getting one. unless its only $100 with a game. then i would probably get one for my lil sis(11yrs).

i wonder how theyre gonna have backwards compatability on teh Wii. theyre supposed to play n64, and gamecube, and snes. i think. i might be wrong tho.

It's backwards compatible with ALL Nintendo games. GameCube disks will also work. For the Nintendo 64, NES, SNES games there will be a downloader service which has pretty much ALL the Nintendo games in existence in it's library. You can just use the Wii's integrated Wi-Fi and download it using your existing internet network. :)

Haha, I was hoping Revoloution was going to be the final name. It made sense.

I don't want to be out and about, talking about this thing, and have to call it the Wii :p

"I need a wii!"

Person: "Its over there mate"

Oh deary me...

If they named it Revolution we probably wouldn't be talking about it right now. So there marketing plans are working by naming it something weird. :D

Back
Top Bottom