Physx Card???

Yeah, fair point.

We'll see if they drop price to like $50. Kage, if they do go that low, ill buy you one. And thats a promise

Signed..

joxley1990

Xiggy said:
yeh i would say something faster tehn pci becasue it probably wil lhave to do a bunch of physx in newer games...it talks about how poeple die and walk marks...those happpen every second of the game...so probably make a faster one...maybe even come out with a nforce4 sli physx board???
that'd be awesome. it would make more sense also, especially if physx hits bigtime.

Kage said:
False. I believe physics are VERY important in games,

yet I think it'll flop because there must be another way of doing it.

Surely graphics cards of now? Especially the new ones, have enough processing power to do whats needed anyway? Not to mention people with Dual Cores not being used.

If it was really cheap, then fine, but it doesn't seem like it is...
i dont think the graphics cards have enough power to do the kind of physics theyre talking about, i mean theyre talking about EVERYTHING being able to be shot or moved in some way so i think one of these cards would make all the difference but until a lot more games support it i dont see any point in getting one

badninja3 said:
links arent working for me
Me neither now, damn, was an extremesystems forum where one guy had a 128mb card, had run some benchies and had photo's of the card.
I'll see if I can find them again

EDIT: Seems the whole site might be down, I can't even load the forum let alone the article, probably be back up later I guess.

Sure, PCI is probably the cost effective way to sell the card, but I would rather save up more money to buy a PhysX card that ran effortlessly efficient without any bottlenecks or bus saturation.

Back
Top Bottom