My bad experience

lhuser

Golden Master
Ok, I'll start with the first thing.

I bought a NexTech IllumFX fan/sensor controller. Unfortunatelly, on sensor was broke, and I decided to DOA it.

Well, to the suprise, Suse threw me up with temp alerts 3 hrs ago and the CPU fan was spinning as id it was at a normal temperature. I go see the monitor and the CPU was at 88C and the fan, should spin in the 35xxRPM in the 60+C range, and I found it spinning at 2400RPM.

Well, I got money back and bought a generic fan. The fan is spining constant at 39xxRPM. The temps are at 53C, but I found aht the setting for the CPU was cut in half, and I put them up. I go back in the BIOS and itwent from 53C to 70-75C idle. I shut it down and took my AMD case, which I am talking to you ATM.

Now, if it does it again tommorow wih another fan, I am disabling the termal controll and I AM burning it: The CPU, and board. I'm sick and tired of the temps wih these stupid prescott cores! :mad:

Update: I removed heatsink to make sure that everything is well placed and guess who comes off? The CPU. Nothing bent, but all I know is that I ain't touching it. I fear it's end will be soon.

UPDATE: I reverted to Windows, since Linux wouldn't work as I wanted him to, and I find with a Sensor program that the CPU is NOT at 70C, but at 51-55.5C :)

Back
Top Bottom