intel celeron D

Yeah, it would be fine then, celeron's just arnet very good for gaming because of the low cache.

Yeah you can just format one drive.

celerons are the worst processors out, and truly are "pathetic" for games. they're budget processors, have like no cache, and won't last you very long. if you'll be playing games, go with an athlon 64

dudes. I own a celeron D. 2.66 Overclocked to 3.36.

I'll post pictures up. but I get 51s on superPI mod 1.4 "1m", sometimes 49s when cpu overclocked with clockgen. But I only have 512mB Ram

X800 said:
dudes. I own a celeron D. 2.66 Overclocked to 3.36.

I'll post pictures up. but I get 51s on superPI mod 1.4 "1m", sometimes 49s when cpu overclocked with clockgen. But I only have 512mB Ram
what did u over clock with and whats ur mobo?

joepic said:
celerons are the worst processors out, and truly are "pathetic" for games. they're budget processors, have like no cache, and won't last you very long. if you'll be playing games, go with an athlon 64

You get what you pay for. Don't rag on a cheaper cpu when it doesn't run as fast, it's CHEAPER for a reason. Unless you spent like $200 on a celeron, it deserves way more credit than what you give it.

i agree with both comments above. great for bugets but not for serious systems imo

When I get a job later down the road, i'll probably put a workstation together using a celeron.

Back
Top Bottom