Grr

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Ok my dad DLed some movies *off easyuse.net or somthing 100% legit because you PAY FOR IT so its not a illegal topic* Anyways he was getting upset so I came to help I asked whats the problem he said windows media player isn't WORKING I went what are you trying to do he said play this movie he said he Dled it and I knew what the problem was AND STILL DO! So I said ok let me install a codec pack. Well he had a lot of other stuff he uses kazaa a lot and lets say he don't know what spyware is. Anyways so after about 30 mins of trying to get this codec pack to work because of the way he maintains HIS COMPUTER is terriable I finally got installed I tell him to simply play the movie forgeting he has change a setting well he blows up because windows media player doesn't work... I look at him like wtf dude, YOU DON'T USE IT. Then he went how am I supposed to play it! I went codec pack, he went I don't got that I go yes you do he goes shut up and go to your room you don't know what your talking about.

Well I knew he'd be calling me to fix somthing again so I gave him a business card and told him next time he needed computer help he'll e-mail me and schedule a appoitment and pay me, and I won't deal with him and try to teach him somthing new when he is too short-fused to work with for free. Hes still wondering why windows media player don't work and forgets he needs to play the movie on the codec pack not windows media player.

Just makes me mad when you try to help someone and they blow up and you'll like dude clam down listen and maybe we'll get idk somewhere? He blamed me for screwing up his computer when in fact the error is inbetween teh chair and keyboard. After him going on and on I simple said my fav quote when somone is doing somthing really stupid "the defination of insanity is doing the thing over and over again expecting a different result" he didn't get it...

Also technically hardware wise his computer is faster. Yet due to my maintence of my computer it runs MUCH FASTER so a tip to new computer users maintaince is important and it does affect your MACHINE!

Ugh, I know what you mean! I have the same exact problem with my parents >_< I just want to scream at them sometimes

PEBKAC!

Paradox said:
Ugh, I know what you mean! I have the same exact problem with my parents >_< I just want to scream at them sometimes

PEBKAC!

LOL me and my father allways get into debates about things like that, and end up the same way every time... me being right:D give it time, he will come back around with his foot in his mouth asking for your help, then you can sit on top of the mountain of glory while he sulks like a puppy that just had his nose rubbed in shit LOL enjoy!:D

My parents don't do that too much.. my father does got angry at it sometimes though, and I understand.

All the same, I've had this experience with clients of mine (I'm a technician on the side), and its just ussually because their frustrated, as everyone gets at one time or another. I simply prefer to work alone, without clients watching and I always tell them I'll show them after the problem is fixed. This has always worked for me, and if they trust you as a technician, no problem.. ;)

No, no its not that he didn't understand it or anythinig that made me mad I perfectlyl understood that part its how he reacted when it didn't work because he wasn't clicking the right buttons that made me mad. Frankly I deal with peple who really don't know too much about coputers on a daily basis helping them that never makes me upset or anything, granted somtimes it make me want to laugh a lil. And its a rant i'm not worried about setenece stucture.

Sorry, I couldn't tell if that was english or chinese so I took a chance and read right to left. I must have been wrong because I couldn't understand it.

yeah. when i try to help my mom, dad, or some friends with their computer/electronic problems, they get all pissed off and dont do what i say. or just start yelling at me. some people just need more patience.

does this happen in other countries aswell? (im in the US). just wondering. b/c ive heard taht the US is very impatient as a society and always want immediate changes.

Back
Top Bottom