Physx Card???

Maybe, but the physics processor isn't really doing much at the moment.

I seriously hope for one, that they won't advance like graphics.

Bringing out firmware is fine, but one thing I don't want, is for you to have to buy a new physics processor when new games come out, etc.

Kage said:
Maybe, but the physics processor isn't really doing much at the moment.

I seriously hope for one, that they won't advance like graphics.

Bringing out firmware is fine, but one thing I don't want, is for you to have to buy a new physics processor when new games come out, etc.

Heres directly from thr AGEIA site.

Do I have to buy new hardware every year just to get new physics features?

No. The powerful, yet flexible, AGEIA PhysX processor is designed to enable future enhancements via software. This makes a PhysX accelerator a great investment because gamers will get not only new PhysX-enabled games now and in the future, but the new features that AGEIA delivers via regular driver updates will run on the hardware that's installed in PCs today.

I highly recommend that no one buys these cards when they are initially released. I can guarantee that they will be buggy and newer and better versions will be released shortly after. Besides, the game selection that will be using it will be small for a long time. I think when Half-Life 3 is released that will be an era when these phys-x cards will be fully incorporated into gaming. That's probably when i will buy one anyway...

Distortion88 said:
I highly recommend that no one buys these cards when they are initially released. I can guarantee that they will be buggy and newer and better versions will be released shortly after. Besides, the game selection that will be using it will be small for a long time. I think when Half-Life 3 is released that will be an era when these phys-x cards will be fully incorporated into gaming. That's probably when i will buy one anyway...

I totally agree, know one even nows if these card will take off. Im going to wait at least a couple of months to see how many games start using it, and wait for the price to drop.

allenn812 said:
I totally agree, know one even nows if these card will take off. Im going to wait at least a couple of months to see how many games start using it, and wait for the price to drop.

yeah true, maybe these cards will be a complete failure and stop being used entirely. lol that would suck for people who bought one!

I dont really see why there is such a big hype about it. It justs like when people use cheats on their games to get unlimited lives and stuff like that. Why do you buy a game to just cheat the way through? Stick with a good video card, and leave Physx on the shelf.

PerfectSK said:
I dont really see why there is such a big hype about it. It justs like when people use cheats on their games to get unlimited lives and stuff like that. Why do you buy a game to just cheat the way through? Stick with a good video card, and leave Physx on the shelf.

Wha???????

No i think the physx engine is good, if its done correctly, as good graphics just won't cut it for next gen games.

As for the software updates, that is excellent, but I still wouldn't pay that much for an extension card.

If you had the spare cash you would..wouldn't you?

I think it will be the next thing gamers just have to have..

No, I wouldn't even if I had the spare cash.

It should be expected as a more budget thing to speed up games that the graphics card can't already do, even though it should be able to rather easy with new cards.

So, no, I don't agree being at that price, it would do very well at all. Its only speeding up the processing of physics after all, which should be able to be done in other ways.

A $30-$50 card, fine, but not that much.

I think of it as more a USB type connector card that plugs into a spare slot to add more functionality to existing hardware. You don't see them going for $300!!!

Back
Top Bottom