ads

mr.monger said:
no no no, i meat the little ad thingee at the top of the page, not popups (i dont get those)
You know, guys. The ads here support CF. If you block them and everyone does, CF won't get much more money to continue to be on the internet.

That's why I occasionly click ads.

Frankly IDC about the ads however seeing some tits right before I go to post I wouldn't consider a bad thing unless my teacher was behind me or somthing which she never is because sehs normall explaiing how to use a pencil or somthing inthe proper fashion.

OK, I will have to look into this one.

One thing that hugely concerns me though, everyone seems to have ad blockers. CF has to pay hosting fees etc which are funded through those ads and if everyone disables them then there will be no CF. I've said that sooo many times before but people don't seem to get the message. Why do you do it?

i see all the ads at the top and click occasionally, cuz i know for a fact paying for a serv is no small deal, esp every month. anyways, i spent 10-20 mins last nite just refreshing looking for it, but i couldnt find it... one of these days ill see it again.

David Lindon said:

One thing that hugely concerns me though, everyone seems to have ad blockers. CF has to pay hosting fees etc which are funded through those ads and if everyone disables them then there will be no CF. I've said that sooo many times before but people don't seem to get the message. Why do you do it?

Well to be honest, I didn't exactly intend on blocking those ads. I have a plugin on firefox that stops java scripts (with exceptions to the ones I allow), I decided to let the ads go through, since i'm sure they have some sort of way of measuring how many people actually get them. CF has a very minimal amount of ads, so minimal that I hardly even notice them.. so I can't imagine why anyone would be so peeved by having them (with exception of nudity among other things)

personally, i got spyware from some of the popups when i was viewing it with IE, so i switched to FF and ad blocked them then... that was ages ago though, and i havnt thought about it since, apart from thinking that it stopped the problem of popups...

IE is such a vulnerable POS. Once you get spyware from one site, your affected in every other site you go to.

David Lindon said:

That's exactly what I said. I always click at school and at public places but here on my computer, they don't load. They are just white. It's like that with all advertisements on all websites... only the flash ones load.

Maybe there could be an option for people to donate to Computer Forums to help pay for server costs? I'd be happy to donate a small amount to help.

Back
Top Bottom