Accesing an ip address

gman121388

Solid State Member
I have set up a security system in my store. It runs of a computer that is on 24/7. To get remote access to the files it uses a server name like a web address. This is good to watch the videos stored on it, but i want access to delete my old files so i dont have to keep accessing this computer but do it from home because I do not stop into the store that much anymore. I know the ip address, there is ports opened on the router to allow remote access, and there is no firewall up on the computer. So basically what i am asking for is how can i acces my security computer so that i can access my files from home instead of having to go to the actually location. Thank-you.

You could use remote desktop port 3308(if used on router for port forwarding) just make sure that you use a secure password for the login.

can you please be more detailed im not quite sure what you mean....how do i get remote desktop?

Remote Desktop Web Connection, just google that, both computers that are connecting have to be WinXP Pro in order to work, and make sure you keep it secure.

Infinity said:
Remote Desktop Web Connection, just google that, both computers that are connecting have to be WinXP Pro in order to work, and make sure you keep it secure.

if you are doing remote desktop they do not have to be both xp pro, i have connected to an xp home box from a linux box, and from an xp pro box to a windows server 2003 box. so no.. they do not have to both be xp pro.

and the web connection... works through remote desktop protocall, only diff is it uses a web interface, and is even more unsecure. ;)

Well i mean the built in "Windows Remote Desktop Connection" and that software is only in the win xp pro

yes but you can get the download from microsoft, free of charge.

the client side anyways, not the server... ---edited---

If you are intrested in using remote control software, I would suggest www.logmein.com

This is very secure (Everything is highly encrypted) and people need two passwords to open up. And, you dont even need to open ports.

Back
Top Bottom