Rap- So this is why Bush deemed Eminem as Americas worst teenage influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personnally I listen to rap, not that gangsta stuff because it doesn't appeal to me. I listen to Eminem, D12, Dr. Dre, Luda and a few others. However I wouldn't neccesairly consider me a uninformed idiot for listening to it.

Own my business at 16, most kids don't even know what they want to do at 16. Also i've a avid workout fan. And if rap takes no talent and anyone can do it release a album or you know what A SONG since making it sound good enough to listen to, and sellable then sell it. if i'm you do that then you know what i'll agree to that rap doesn't invovle talent. And frankly I hate heavy metal I really do, I don't liek it at all? Why well I look at is I can't normally understand what they sare saying between the screaming etc. Also its not my taste, however i'd never come on to a forum and just start dissing a music genere, I don't say country sucks, I say I don't like country, doesn't float my boat. So frankly if rap involves no talent and anyone can do it produce a single, release it make a lot of money then i'll began pulling my foot out of my month until then if you see a rap thread do one of two things, ignore it, or don't reply which really is the same thing initself. Heavly involved in MUN (moblie united nations). I'm one of the top public speakers in it, and ploiticaly informed what insirped me to do this? Rap... Mainly listening to eminem.

And really Bush wanted to get rid of eminem because emine said somthing along the lines of

"I'd rather see the president dead/its never been said before but I set presidents (standards not sure on spelling)"

I knew this, I consider myself a huge eminem fan, if you give me a few lyrics from a eminem song, i'm fairly sure I could make a eduaction guess on what the song title is, what else he says in it, and possibly album and year.

And

I admit rap is mostly about big rims, bitches & hoes, and living the high life. Personnally thats why i'm attracted to Emine, and dr. dre, and D12 and stuff. I also like soem of tupacs stuff he doesn't talk like "Yea I capped a dude last night, blah blah" he atually tells a story that means somthing, and rap is the perfect form to express your views on ploticies because it doesnt' have to truly follow a rhyme scheme etc. As tupac put it "Rap is simply poems, i'm a poet, i'm a poet that merely reads poetry to a beat and sell it on a CD instead of publishing a book"

And if you listen to Eminem a lot of his songs are about Haile, his personnal issues with Kim, plotices, and things like that. Granted there are times when he talks about girls etc howevr he isn't the normal rapper, who spits shit about big rims etc.

I listen to quite a few underground rappers, i'm telliing you a lot of undergroup rappers are going on about plotices, and world issues. Esp German rap, german rap deals with ploitcies quite a lot. However you have to understand geramn to under the ture meaning of german rap.

Nik00117 said:
Personnally I listen to rap, not that gangsta stuff because it doesn't appeal to me. I listen to Eminem, D12, Dr. Dre, Luda and a few others. However I wouldn't neccesairly consider me a uninformed idiot for listening to it.

I'm glad your not an idiot...I never said you were.

Nik00117 said:
Own my business at 16, most kids don't even know what they want to do at 16. Also i've a avid workout fan

I don't see how this affects anything. Jesus could listen to rap for all I care it won't change my opinion.

Nik00117 said:
And if rap takes no talent and anyone can do it release a album or you know what A SONG...

I changed my statement and said that rap takes the least ammount of talent out of the whole music industry. I mean really, you don't play an instrument, you tell a machine to play it for you.

Nik00117 said:
... i'd never come on to a forum and just start dissing a music genere, I don't say country sucks, I say I don't like country, doesn't float my boat.

I think country sucks...ohh, whoops, I mean...country doesn't float my boat. That's what I'm suppose to say, right? Because you said so.

Nik00117 said:
Heavly involved in MUN (moblie united nations). I'm one of the top public speakers in it, and ploiticaly informed.....Own my business at 16....i'me a avid workout fan

Are you done showing off?

Nik00117 said:
I admit rap is mostly about big rims, bitches & hoes, and living the high life

Yup. That's why it's crap

Nik00117 said:
As tupac put it "Rap is simply poems, i'm a poet, i'm a poet that merely reads poetry to a beat and sell it on a CD instead of publishing a book"

Even the legend of rap makes it sound so simple.

I'm pointing out that a lot of poeple who listen to rap aren't complete idiots. I like rock as well. But really rap is like it just fits, theres nothing that gets me more pumped up right before hittin ga new max on my bench or somthing.

It's the people who make rap who are the idiots.
and the people that are listening to the idiots? well I don't know.

IMO eminem is a 'fairly' good influence to youth, (at least when rapping about politics), it opens up avenues of thought that young people previously were not interested in.

I'll agree that 50cent is far and away the worst influence on the youth, I mean the guy is a violent criminal, he's been shot god knows how many times, stabbed and beaten, all in gangland violence, and rather than telling people he's a twat they make him famous, make him rich and release films and video games documenting his troubled rise to fame...

So far as rock goes, I thikn that as with rappers you have to take people as they come. it wasn't that far back in time that rap had fairly clean lyrics like will smith 'parents just don't underdstand'

now compare that somewhat-fun-loving song to other songs of that decade such as motley crus 'girls girls girls' or even aerosmiths manic drug taking years whilst at the same time biggy smalls was rapping as a sideline project whilst filling carrier bags at checkouts.

you see 'once upon a time' rap was a far more positive influence on youth than rock music was...

having said all of that...

rap music, (generally) sucks.

Rock FTW!!1!

Speaking of all this music talk... I write my own songs (40 so far), does anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom