Physx Card???

yeh i would say something faster tehn pci becasue it probably wil lhave to do a bunch of physx in newer games...it talks about how poeple die and walk marks...those happpen every second of the game...so probably make a faster one...maybe even come out with a nforce4 sli physx board???

I have 6,000 posts, and wouldn't be able to tell the difference from looking at a card, what slot it used!

I think its going to be PCI though for all consumers.

I wouldn't be able to use an AGP or PCI-E slot since my computer simply doesn't have one, or doesn't have the room.

i honestly think PCI will be fine.

I doubt for a second these physx boards are now going to dramatically improve, and we'll see them improving as we see video cards today. That would just be mad.

The_Other_One said:
You're jokeing, right? AGP? You have 3300 posts and you can't distingish the difference between PCI, PCI express, and AGP??

Since when has post count made any difference? If someone has 7k posts does it make him smarter than someone with 2k posts?

And as I said I'm not sure.
And last time I checked pci cards were like -------- --
and that card is like -- ------- --

if u get the idea.
So that is why I said that I don't think it's a pci card, and pci-e is like this
- ---------

So because that really didn't look like a pci or pci-e card I thought that it would be an agp card.
And as u know I was wrong.

None of you should even care. I read the msrp is 300$. Thats ridiculous, theres no way in hell id even spend 200$ for better phisics.

:eek: I thought it was only going to be a cheap soloution.
I wouldn't pay that either!

Surely this type of acceleration will be able to be performed on the latest graphics cards somehow?

mammikoura said:
Since when has post count made any difference? If someone has 7k posts does it make him smarter than someone with 2k posts?
I would think so seeing as most people come here to get one or two questions answered. Once you hit say the 100posts mark, that's more than the casual poster :p

mammikoura said:
last time I checked pci cards were like -------- --
You should look into the standard some more :rolleyes:

As to the others, you can't expect this to be a very cheap solution, espcially not being the first of its kind. Though $300 is a bit more than I was expecting, this is basically just a video card/processor dedicated to physics. Assuming it doesn't just flop(as I sort of suspect it will) prices should drop a good bit pretty soon. Heh, just like any video card :p

I hope it flops. 300$ is way to much. This def isnt as important as a video card, a video card is a vital part of a computer, a phisics processor isnt. So it shouldnt cost as much as a high end video card. I was expecting it to be around 150$.

False. I believe physics are VERY important in games,

yet I think it'll flop because there must be another way of doing it.

Surely graphics cards of now? Especially the new ones, have enough processing power to do whats needed anyway? Not to mention people with Dual Cores not being used.

If it was really cheap, then fine, but it doesn't seem like it is...

Well, the ultimate gamer always wants more power. Ask anyone on here, and they would not say no to their computer being faster.

Imagine how amazing your computer would be with like if you had all the newest parts, dual core, SLI with some 7900's, some raptors, and to top it all off, just whack a nice physics card in there, and that would be like on of the most amazing computers about!

Back
Top Bottom