People W/ Cingular...Just wondering

G35x

Golden Master
Ok, well me and my dad got a 1400min plan, its a shred family plan and in all the commotion I forgot to ask him to get text. He is the kind of person that wont go back and change something..so basically im not gonna get texting on my phone now that we got everything done with.. :mad: ..But anyhow Ill still use it a bit, but I was just wondering when people text you( cingular service people only) do you get charged the 10 cents..Like for example I was at penn state the other day..and this girl would not stop texting and I couldnt take my phone out cause we were in a prensentatiion. Do I get charged only for outgoing texts or also incoming..And no im not cheap im just wondering Thanks.. :D

you only get charged for outgoing texts (normally).

the only time you'll ever be charged for something incomming is if you are roaming abroad and recieve a call.

Yeah, I think you do get charged for reading it. Does anyone here know for sure?

Edit, how gay is this!

Right from the cingular site

"What messages am I billed for?
Cingular bills for all messages whether sent or received, read or unread, solicited or unsolicited. Also, any message sent or received that is longer than 160 characters will be delivered as multiple segments of up to 160 characters each. Each segment is billed as a separate message."

So lets say one of my friends or an xgirlfriend (for example) gets mad at me or something they can just send all these texts to me and ring up my bill. Another case, I dont even know the person who is sending me shit, like say someone thinks there funny and has my number and texts me and I have to pay for it how gay is that!

that's super gay...

just go out and get a regular pay as you go mobile, it doesn't matter what deal the other place has offered you, why the hell should you have to pay for other people to contact you, that's their choice not yours!

I have had cingular for about a year and a half, and yes you do get charged for incoming text messages, which is really stupid. just go up to the cingular store with out your dad, and tell them you want to add a text messaging service to your plan, most likely they will do it and just will need your phone number.

My mom's friends 12 year old son walked to the sprint store by his house, and added a bunch of stuff, and racked up a 600 dollar phone bill!

You can have numbers blocked from text messaging you..
In my phone, its under the messaging settings..

If you can't find it, call Cingular and I'm sure they have a way you can block a specific number from sending text messages if need be.

Andy87 said:
I have had cingular for about a year and a half, and yes you do get charged for incoming text messages, which is really stupid. just go up to the cingular store with out your dad, and tell them you want to add a text messaging service to your plan, most likely they will do it and just will need your phone number.

My mom's friends 12 year old son walked to the sprint store by his house, and added a bunch of stuff, and racked up a 600 dollar phone bill!

Only if it were that easy, they dont do it like that. To get things changed you need social security #'s well my dads last 4 digits. Billing info, proof of identication ect ect..Ohh well this is just flat out gay..We pay 90 a month and they still charge me for a damn incoming message

Back
Top Bottom