"Local Area Connection Unplugged" error

needpchelp1

Beta member
hi. my pc always has a error message saying that a local area connection is unplugged when nothing is unplugged. The internet doesn't work but when I use my laptop and connect to the internet wirelessly it works. Also my pc will not shut down. Everytime I click shut down, it just shuts down and then it will restart. The only way to make it turn off is shutting the power. I need serious help. I appreciate it VERY much.

needpchelp said:
hi. my pc always has a error message saying that a local area connection is unplugged when nothing is unplugged. The internet doesn't work but when I use my laptop and connect to the internet wirelessly it works. Also my pc will not shut down. Everytime I click shut down, it just shuts down and then it will restart. The only way to make it turn off is shutting the power. I need serious help. I appreciate it VERY much.
Either your ethernet cable is bad... not securely plugged in, or your nic/and or port that it is plugged into on the router is bad. try a diff port, if that dont work swap the cable.

I had this problem before. It took me and my friend about 5 hours to figure out haha. Anyways it's your network card, i had to replace mine and then boom my internet worked perfect. I had the same reoccuring message of network area unplugged. It was my nic. Hope that helps

That is just telling you that it is unable to get a connection from the wired network card, not necessarily that something is wrong. Since you are connecting wirelessly to get to the internet I am assuming that you are not using the 10/100/1000 or whatever network card. If you are not using it and don't want to see the little baloon pop up again, right click on the icon in the system tray and go to Open network connections. Then right click on the wired network card interface (it probably is called Local Area Connection) and go to properties. At the bottom of the window that pops up, uncheck the box that says Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity.

As far as the shutdown goes, make sure that shutdown is selected and not restart before you click ok.

Back
Top Bottom