Physx Card???

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
Ok guys ive seen video of games played with a phyx card added and it looks great...now are they ever going to sell them to the public seperately???...only way to get them now that i know of it to buy an alienware or other computer like it....??????? thx

yeh would it just be pcix16...i would think that becasue it would get the fastest performance...its just there to hlep the vidoe card so it may use pci...ne one have ne ideas?

physx.JPG

There is a pic, not sure which slot that goes to. I'm guessing AGP since that looks different from pci and pci-e.

its pci as far as i know, but theres no point in getting one for a while since games dont support them

It just uses the normal PCI bus. Horrible decision by Ageia. The PCI bus will be saturated, because of it's limited bandwidth. They should've used PCI-E 1x or 4x because it has higher bandwidth. Who knows...maybe cost issues? I think I'll wait for a revision or a new model to come out. :D The inital versions are always buggy or have some sort of problem.

mammikoura said:
There is a pic, not sure which slot that goes to. I'm guessing AGP since that looks different from pci and pci-e.

You're jokeing, right? AGP? You have 3300 posts and you can't distingish the difference between PCI, PCI express, and AGP??

I read it was going to be PCI, as others mentioned here. I do agree the PCI express bus probably would be a better choice, but prices would probably be less for plain PCI. Besides, it seems to work just fine like this, right? I mean, take a PCI version of the fx5x00 graphics cards. They're quite capable when you consider how limited the PCI bus is, right? That's about all this card is, but rather than dedicating it to graphics, it's to physics. Heh, looking at that card, it IS just a graphics card. Seems to have the RAM there, and even requires the extra power that most do :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, for those who couldn't see the pic above...

http://www.importjdm.com/shipped/physx.JPG

The_Other_One said:
You're jokeing, right? AGP? You have 3300 posts and you can't distingish the difference between PCI, PCI express, and AGP??
Flaming :eek: ;) :p :cool:

The_Other_One said:
I read it was going to be PCI, as others mentioned here. I do agree the PCI express bus probably would be a better choice, but prices would probably be less for plain PCI. Besides, it seems to work just fine like this, right? I mean, take a PCI version of the fx5x00 graphics cards. They're quite capable when you consider how limited the PCI bus is, right? That's about all this card is, but rather than dedicating it to graphics, it's to physics. Heh, looking at that card, it IS just a graphics card. Seems to have the RAM there, and even requires the extra power that most do :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, for those who couldn't see the pic above...

http://www.importjdm.com/shipped/physx.JPG

I have heard PCI-e 1x bandied about but as you say it seems the first releases are PCI, your link doesn't work either btw

Back
Top Bottom