Baaaad problem, PLEASE HELP.

Zapdos said:
how do you reformat without the windows install disk ?
Zapdos said:
lol idiots...

FOR YOUR INFORMATION you do NOT need a windows disk to format, @#$%$@%#.

dunerider5 said:
Would I be able to use a seagate barracuda with my WD HDD? Just looking for backups....
Yes, I have an 80gb Seagate barracuda and a 200gb western digital caviar se in the same computer, works perfectly.

As for getting an OS... You might as well do as what most others would do... which I cannot speak of here.. *cough* *cough*. However, if you prefer to be legit, you may have no choice but to spend $80 and get XP.

Whether you purchase it or not will be decision you have to make.

yeah.. i just read that comment on newegg. i'm not sure if thats true or not, but i hope it isn't!

If you are a student and have a "student ID number" (or the equivilent in the US) you would be able to take advantage of the Student/ Teacher offers from Microsoft, that way you could buy a student/teacher XP Pro upgrade disk and install from there, it would be cheaper.
To clean install XP pro from an upgrade disk (without previous os install) all you need is any Windows os disk apart from 95 to insert during the install process to verify you own a previous os, no keycode is required just the disk.
Probably the cheapest way to get XP

the OEM version of windows xp pro isnt all that expensive, u could just buy a copy of that and reformat

Deathstar said:
Disk read errors usually mean a failing hdd. If you have access to another pc d/load the diagnostics tools from the WD website, this will verify if your hdd is failing.
You have no windows disk ???? where did you buy your pc from? go back and demand your disk, it is illegal to sell a machine with windows on it and not supply the disk (or recovery disk for brand name pc's) though if you say the guy is a "penis" I doubt you'll have much luck as it sounds as if he is pirating Windows. (Assuming that is where you bought your pc)
EDIT: AKAIK WD has a three year warranty on disks, check that while you're on the WD website.
Glad you're posting again, this post was reported for the use of the word penis, but I can see you are only quoting someone, so no deletion.

Old thread, last post before that one was april 26th...

Sadly Deathstar has left CF (bout a week or two ago)

MikeReiner said:
Old thread, last post before that one was april 26th...

Sadly Deathstar has left CF (bout a week or two ago)
I'm sorry, I didn't want that to happen, I heard that he had joined CT.

Back
Top Bottom