AMD CPU tester??

dmb51599

In Runtime
Does anyone know of any software that i can download to test my AMD 3700?? I need to find out if there is a memory controller issue. I had it tested and told no but am not 100% confident in the result. thanks!

Whats the problem your having? if your having memory issues or crashes, check your memory. if there is ANYTHING wrong with the cpu it's self, they usually just don't work at all.

its a really long story but this is the second board I have had from ASUS in a month and the ram will not work in dual channel mode. Each stick works just fine on its own but not in dual channel. Yes they are all the same sticks as well. ASUS even told me they dont know whats going on. Any ideas??

yeah I agree. I had to RMA my first one right out of the box and thisis the promlem I am having with the replacement right out of it's box.

I don't know why ASUS is so popular.. I know of quite a few people who have had nothing but nightmares with their motherboards...

Not only that but their customer support is crap. They basiclly told me they dont know what to do for me. And they want me to RMA this board and be without a computer again for 2-3 weeks!!! F**K!!!!!

dmb51599 said:
its a really long story but this is the second board I have had from ASUS in a month and the ram will not work in dual channel mode. Each stick works just fine on its own but not in dual channel. Yes they are all the same sticks as well. ASUS even told me they dont know whats going on. Any ideas??

Did u buy then in a dual channel package? If not then they might not work.
The ram manufacturer only promisest that they will work in dual channel if u buy it in a dual channel package. If u buy the 2 ram sticks seperately (even though they would be identical) they might not work. Don't know why, but that's just something that I've heard.

I've had a few Asus mobos and they have been great. And the one I just ordered is from Asus too.

The biggest problem I hear about Asus motherboards is their chipset coolers. The fans seem to always die quite quickly... Otherwise they seem to be pretty fair. I mean any brand has it's problems.

But yeah, as mentioned above, did you get a duel channel kit? Or, I would suspect any RAM would work as long as the sticks are IDENTICAL(brand, speed, size, model, everything...)

Back
Top Bottom