Core Duo and Tablet PCs

G9

Daemon Poster
I have two sets of questions:

Tablet PCs
When you write with the stylus, is the pick-up accuracy great enough to be compared to writing on paper? Additionally, for hybrid models, when you fold the screen up, is the stylus turned off and hence will it operate like a normal laptop?

Core Duo
How does this processor compare to AMD's FX-60 and X2 4800+ models? How would a configuration with the 2.16ghz Core Duo with 2GB RAM compare to dual 3.4ghz Xeon with 2GB RAM?

I would think it would depend on the software, and neatness of your handwriting :p

I have no idea, but the Core Duo is much, much more efficient on battery power because of the 65nm manufacturing process. Although, as far as I know, that it cant compete against those processors, because Core Duo I think is only released for mobile computers.

Tablet writing won't be as accurate as handwritten work, but it's getting better, especially since the software is getting better.

The Core Duo isn't designed to take on the FX-60 or X2 4800+. They aren't even in the same market segment. The Core Duo is equivalent to the performance of the X2 3800+ while producing signifigantly less heat and sucking less power. Partly because of it's 65nm manufacturing process and partly because if it's redesigned architecture over the Dothan core.

Wow...you sure like to compare oranges with apples, huh? You simply can't compare mobile CPUs to desktop or server/workstation CPUs. They work differently depending on it's job. Next time, try comparing something within the range of both products instead. It's like comparing the performance of a Toyota Corolla with a Ferarri Enzo. They're designed for different markets and you simply can't just judge them from that.

alvino said:
It's like comparing the performance of a Toyota Corolla with a Ferarri Enzo. They're designed for different markets and you simply can't just judge them from that.

Hahaha, thats rich :D :p

Ha, I know where you guys are coming from... I'm just wondering, if you were used to that kind of power, would the Core Duo be unbearably slow? That is, for web development and such.

Back
Top Bottom