Conroe Strips AMD of Aquamark 3 world record

Yeah, Socket F is for servers. ECC and Registered RAM is so expensive...but it's very stable. I remember when the Athlon FX-51 was around...it was Socket 940, so it required ECC and Registered RAM, which was expensive. This made everything cost even more, because the processor itself was about $800-$1,000. That's why they made the Athlon FX-53 in Socket 939 instead.

ownage said:
sorry to burst your bubble crabby... but Socket F is for servers. IE using ECC/Registered RAM and using opterons and other server processors. Not your basic desktop deal. I want to see Woodcrest go against Opteron though. :D That should be interesting.

DAMN!!!

Bubble officialy bursted :(

Its not basicly. It just is. And thast what I figured, but dont they need to change something, because current Socket T mobo's arnt compatable with the Conroe. There needs to be something changed, I heard. Actually, I think Justin told me.

The chipset needs to be revised. Don't worry...Intel will come out with a revision soon enough.

Conroe definetely looks promising. However, I think the AM2 will be better by final release. I think you need different kind of motherboard for the Conroe chip, cuz the current 775 socket mobo's won't be able to support it.

Back
Top Bottom