need some advice before making a move

i have enough airflow atleast since all the wires are out of the way and stuff, and i had 1 fan on the side putting air out...and 1 huge fan on the back throwing air out...and one in the front also, and it's a big ass full tower case also.....the 6800 ultras just create too much heat.... i was thinking about putting new coller fans onm the video cards, but i already ordered the 7900 gtx =/.....and i guess i'll buy sticks of 1 gb dual channel...thanks for the advice guys...great help!!! i ran 9,900 in benchmark 05....will let you know what i run when i get the 7900 gtx 512...

and btw i was on the latest drivers also....well atleast the video card drivers, never updated the mobo?...not sure if updating mobo is any good? only updates i would do is.....the windows update, and video card update...

try cleanin off ur comp. its probably programs running in the background. dissable ur virus protection and quit out of all your small apps like aim before you play. also you can go into ctrl/alt/del and then the proccesses tab and sort by user end every process under your user name except for tskmgr.exe and explorer.exe DO NOT END ANYTHIN THAT ISNT UNDER YOUR USER NAME!!!

disclaimer: do that processes thing at your own risk I am unaware of any negative sideffects to doing that but that doesnt mean they dont exist. it works for me with bf2

For the record, if your maxing fear out, give up all hope of smoothe fps. I have a friend with a GeForce 7800GTX that gets down right horrible I dare say sh*tty fps with soft shadows on. Max out everything but soft shadows and fear will run nicely. As for cod2, well, that game is demanding too.

Back
Top Bottom