Vista! understanding..

Vista will run with convential and standard hardware that almost everyone will have.

Running at the max graphical settings will probably be a problem though for standard Direct X 9 cards, yet you can scale the effects down, plus, as long as you don't set the resoloution too high (like in a game), the performance should be fine.

Windows Viesta though will work with old hardware, but to get the most out of it, upgrading to dual core, etc will get you improvements of course.

Don't get fooled into thinking you need a Direct X 10 card though.

I believe Microsoft are releasing a few updates for Direct X 9, for added functionality or something.

Well, in order to make Vista work, you need a graphic adapter, hence it might now work. Or, It WILL not work. Work with a PC without a graphic card. See what it does :p

Yes, Direct X 10 will be available for your card, yet some of the features won't be available for your use, as some parts of Direct X needs hardware to function.

but yes, Viesta will work fine with a Direct X 9 card, with Direct X 10 installed, I assure you.

Most cards work with the BETA vista, I know lhuser is running it on something in the 5000 series.

All the bells and whistles are fine, but I would really like to see my system's resources go to something like.... Let's say.... SOMETHING USEFUL! There is no reason that Windows should be the resource hog it is today and it is only getting worse.

So how does Vista actually make the graphics in games and such better, like what does vista do to do this?

Back
Top Bottom