thinnest dvd ever

I'll stick with standard CD/DVD/FDD

These piece of paperwill bring me nothing but problems. The only good use I find is if you don't want anyone getting the DVD, by ripping it. Piece of paper guys!

DVD's have the capability of being that thickness anyway. The actual burnt layer is only 1 thickness, and isn't recorded like holographic discs will be, in layers, so its possible to shorten the thickess to the point where the burner burns it, and it'll still work.

Though, of course, protection is then an issue, and is why they have made DVD's the thickness they have, to add many layers of protective plastic over the burnt layer.

So, I'd expect, unless they've used some form of weird protection that doesn't have to be thick, that you wouldn't want to handle that disc at all! :p

That's really wild, but i would not trust the durability of the disc, it would probably scratch alot easier than your standard dvd. i can't wait for the new bluelaser discs and player's to come out i think late this year...

Yes blue ray, and the amount of data one can fit onto just one of those disc's is just amazing, i want one of those blue ray dvd player's too.

25gb one sided, 50gb dual layer. Yep, not bad at all :D

I think they'll be the future.

Even though DVD is more known to the public, I think HD-DVD is a rip off.

I'd say considering it's thinner and thus more flexible it will be much harder to break. However, it seems like it would lose it's shape over time or develop a wave in it's shape. I'm still not entirely of the actual benefits however cause honestly the thickness is not going to make much of a difference.

Not true infact. I would never use a DVD if it was that slim.

DVD's already don't read easily after a few scratches, depleting protection is going to do worse things, surely?

Heck, I can scratch a DVD somehow, taking it out of the box and into a DVD player and back...

Back
Top Bottom