Project for CF

are we going to have both audio and written guides? cause ive half started a very simple giude thats pretty basic, obviously though id elaborate on the audio sides of things..

Setting up a Peer-to-Peer network at home!

This guide will give you a step by step method that will show you how to create a small network at home so that multiple computers can connect together, share files and have internet access.

Before we begin:

Workgroups & Computer Names:

Computers in a network need a way to identify each unique computer that resides in the network and also they need to know which computers are part of their network and which are not. This is done by configuring computer names and workgroups.

Configuring Computer Names & Workgroup:

1. Click on the Start button then move the mouse over the My Computer icon and right click on it. A submenu will open up. Move down to the Properties option and click once. This then opens up a dialogue box called System Properties.
2. Click on the Computer Name tab.
3. Click on the Change button.
4. Change the name of your computer to what you would like to call it.
5. Change the workgroup name aswell.
NB: COMPUTER NAMES MUST BE UNIQUE ie. NO TWO COMPUTER NAMES MUST BE THE SAME. WORKGROUP NAMES MUST BE IDENTICAL. Ie. THE WORKGROUP OF EACH COMPUTER MUST BE THE SAME.

etc etc..... this is extreme draft, 1 min job lol

sk8ngame said:
i could write a guide on xbox modding
not to be advertising other sites, but xboxscene.com has alot of info on that.

anyway, this sounds like a nice idea. but idk about the all audio thing. video guides might fly, but idk about audio guides.

When I started this project idea which is what it still is was at 10:45 or so at night. I went to be shortly after and I have a huge homework back log i've been dealing with. Personnally my ideal was Audio first, text second. You record a audio file and e-mail it to nik00117@gmail.com or a link or w/e I don't want everyone and their mothers to have FTP access, i'm pretty much going select a few poeple to actually work on the site. My ideals for URL would of been somthing along the lines of cfproject.net or somthing.

However considering I myself am not going pay for the URL, bandwitdh etc it will be the owners decision. I figure poeple that will have actual physically access to this site will be me, anyone who has actually donated CASH to this project, and a few other members of this forum all of which i'm considering atm.

I don't know too much about HTML coding, bandwitdh etc, however i'm also doing this for own personnal benefit so I could help learn the logitichs of such a project. I will be making a other forum (not a computer support forum just a forum to organize all of this) and I will try to get around to talking to site owners like I believe recon 16 has tooken a huge step. But besides that audio files sent to nik00117@gmail.com are greatly needed. I have yet to get around to the OS basic that I did want to do. I got a busy week ahead of me, mon-thursday is 2 hours at the gym after school then homework etc some free time, however this weekend I will put a HUGE DENT into this project.

Please don't toss TOO MUCH IN THIS at this time because I have yet to appoint poeple as of this moment this is what i'm thinking

Me-Project Manger etc
David and Seti-people I do respect will have access to the site if they so request
Recon 16-from what i gather he already has a site and is tossing money into this project so he is on the team.

If I missed you its merely because i'm typing this up in class, inbetween lectures and have little time. Thanks...

I will have a better idea of whats going on, what i'm going to do, etc in about 12 hours.

I don't want everyone and their mother to have access to site code and able to edit it stuff well because it'd be a mess, a few poeple will have access to the site code and able to edit it and add in and upload files and stuff. But other then that I will form groups to type up the text file of audi files I GTG see ya

Nik00117 said:
When I started this project idea which is what it still is was at 10:45 or so at night. I went to be shortly after and I have a huge homework back log i've been dealing with. Personnally my ideal was Audio first, text second. You record a audio file and e-mail it to nik00117@gmail.com or a link or w/e I don't want everyone and their mothers to have FTP access, i'm pretty much going select a few poeple to actually work on the site. My ideals for URL would of been somthing along the lines of cfproject.net or somthing.

However considering I myself am not going pay for the URL, bandwitdh etc it will be the owners decision. I figure poeple that will have actual physically access to this site will be me, anyone who has actually donated CASH to this project, and a few other members of this forum all of which i'm considering atm.

I don't know too much about HTML coding, bandwitdh etc, however i'm also doing this for own personnal benefit so I could help learn the logitichs of such a project. I will be making a other forum (not a computer support forum just a forum to organize all of this) and I will try to get around to talking to site owners like I believe recon 16 has tooken a huge step. But besides that audio files sent to nik00117@gmail.com are greatly needed. I have yet to get around to the OS basic that I did want to do. I got a busy week ahead of me, mon-thursday is 2 hours at the gym after school then homework etc some free time, however this weekend I will put a HUGE DENT into this project.

Please don't toss TOO MUCH IN THIS at this time because I have yet to appoint poeple as of this moment this is what i'm thinking

Me-Project Manger etc
David and Seti-people I do respect will have access to the site if they so request
Recon 16-from what i gather he already has a site and is tossing money into this project so he is on the team.

If I missed you its merely because i'm typing this up in class, inbetween lectures and have little time. Thanks...

I will have a better idea of whats going on, what i'm going to do, etc in about 12 hours.

I don't want everyone and their mother to have access to site code and able to edit it stuff well because it'd be a mess, a few poeple will have access to the site code and able to edit it and add in and upload files and stuff. But other then that I will form groups to type up the text file of audi files I GTG see ya
I have an upload page that uploads to a directory but will no immediately go on the page, i have to take there guide and create a page with it...
THEY CAN BE AUDIO, WRITTEN, OR VIDEO.
PLEASE GO TO WWW.COMPUTERREFERENCE.ORG CLICK ON "HOW TO CONTIBUTE" BUTTON. IT WILL TELL YOU HOW TO UPLOAD. THE OTHER SECTIONS ARE BEING BUILT... IM GOING TO WORK ON THOSE THIS AFTERNOON/TONIGHT...

OH, Nik, no body has access to the code, except me, and if you wanna see it.

People write anyguide you want, dont worry what other people say, also, I HAD THIS IDEA WE COULD CALL IT LIKE THE "COMPLETE COMPUTER MANUAL" OR SOMETHING?

ArrizX said:
So what exaclty is going to happen?
go to www.computerreference.org, and click on "How to contibute" the rest of the site is under construction, but that should be up. Just upload a guide, but please follow the steps, on that page.

EVERYBODY REMEMBER: IT CAN BE AUDIO, VIDEO, TEXT, AND FLASH.

Back
Top Bottom