ps3

Yes, almost all the demos shown at the presss conference were in some way pre-rendered.

I don't doubt though that both systems will be capable of something like that after developers have learnt everything about the systems after a few years of practise.

You might notice, I said both systems :p

The reason i think that will be, even though in the next few years, graphics chips would have moved on in the PC genre, developers even then wouldn't be using the full capability of the chips.

On a console however, the chips can be pushed since every game can be made just for that one graphics chip, etc, so they know what they are doing.
This leads to alot of power, and more power than you could have on the same chip on a PC since developers have to be more careful when developing for it.

You'll see this more in games though developed just for one console, like for instance Kill Zone for the PS3. Multiplatform will have the same type of effect as a PC, especailly if the developers don't bother to make it work better for the console in a more efficent way.

Games based on Unreal 3 will be seen for a while, and even though its good, it isn't to scratch on what Killzone is supposed to produce,
and the new real time game called Project Offset, which i believe has a better engine, and was made by 3 people. (check that out)

But when more engines are produced for each system, and devrelopers start building games for each, we'll see an improvement.

This is why I believe both systems have potential.

NEXT GENERATION:

I know one thing though. The Blu-Ray support on the PS3 if that becomes the number 1 format, will be the best included gear in any of the both systems, allowing you to be ready to play blu-ray movies straight out of the box, and for a lot cheaper than the drives bought from the shops! Even with all this gaming technology in!

I hope Blu-Ray wins though. HD DVD is alot cheaper, but I don't think it houses as much ground.

if Blu-Ray won, the technology would soon drag prices down anyway.

The PS3 is more than just a games console. It is a powerful computer with excellent multimedia capabilities, bluetooth and wireless as standard. And of course its one hell of a good graphics engine. You just need to look at the specs. to work this out. I'm gonna buy it, but I'm gonna check first if you will be able to download firmware for it, if you can I might wait a while. Its gonna be great though...

I prefer the Xbox 360's multimedia capabilites. Considering 80%-90% of the world uses Windows, being able to sync up and network your Xbox 360 with your PC is pretty damn good. The specs don't do shit. Honestly, they don't! Do your research and learn how the stuff works, then you'll be able to tell if it's good. It'll be powerful, but how powerful is something yet to be revealed. I'm sure you can download the firmware for it...thats how it works the Xbox 360. If you're connected to the internet, just use Xbox Live and download the firmware update from Microsoft directly.

i think that sony is relying on raw power and specs way too much. power only matters so much. it is the games that make a console. and if developers wont, cant, or dont develop games for a console, then it kills a console.

the 360 is a more reasonable choice for the average gamer, and even the more hardcore gamer. for example, who really needs to display games on 2 screens at a time?
special event holders, rich partiers?
yup. but then again, if you are holding a special event, you can just get 2 consoles.

and who is gonna buy 7 controllers for their 1 console?
well, maybe friends will bring over their controllers.
but this means that your friends have that console, and they can just bring it over.

this leads me to my next idea. i said earlier that raw power is not the most important thing in a console. listen... i was playing super smash, golden eye, hot wheels, and wcw revenge on a n64. and it was fun! but, nintendo's revolution is taking this to and extreme aswell. they dont have enough power for any current gen 3d games.
however, the revolution is primarily meant for games such as mario and simple stuff like that. so i guess its not too bad.

uh, i cant think anymore... im hungry.

Yeah, the fact they are saying you'll be able to have 2 full HD screens together is pretty mad, since, with the latest games, this would be almost impossible i assure you. Especially with full screen antialising, and all that!

Heck, alot of games on these platforms will struggle to run at playable resoloutions with 1 HD screen (30+fps is playable really)

As for the Xbox 360's media capabilities, they do seem good, yet, the fact you need a Media Centre PC to take full advantage of it, ruins it for me :(

Whatever happens, its going to be fun to watch. Chances are, we'll see most games coming out on both anyway. (I say both, because honestly, we won't see the Rev playing latest game engines (i.e Unreal 3). I wouldn't think so anyway)

Kage said:
Yeah, the fact they are saying you'll be able to have 2 full HD screens together is pretty mad, since, with the latest games, this would be almost impossible i assure you. Especially with full screen antialising, and all that!

Heck, alot of games on these platforms will struggle to run at playable resoloutions with 1 HD screen (30+fps is playable really)

As for the Xbox 360's media capabilities, they do seem good, yet, the fact you need a Media Centre PC to take full advantage of it, ruins it for me :(

Whatever happens, its going to be fun to watch. Chances are, we'll see most games coming out on both anyway. (I say both, because honestly, we won't see the Rev playing latest game engines (i.e Unreal 3). I wouldn't think so anyway)

The Xbox 360's media capabilities are still pretty good with Windows XP, although it is true that Windows Media Center Edtion 2005 is recommended in order to fully utilize it's capabilities.

Kage said:
haha imagine playing unreal with that controller

i can see time crisis or a sword game being very fun on the revolution though...

or even a star wars, light saber thing. lol.

Back
Top Bottom