How do i make my own server

samurai said:
Yeh, but some ISP do not let you use your internet connection as a Website Host...

This is true. However it depends on what you are using it for. The ISP that i work for, will allow it as long as you are not using it for business use. for personal or like family websites, that is fine. however if your trying to use it for a money maker, and they find it, they will make you use a biz class connection for it. most of those are $$

uid=[0] said:
This is true. However it depends on what you are using it for. The ISP that i work for, will allow it as long as you are not using it for business use. for personal or like family websites, that is fine. however if your trying to use it for a money maker, and they find it, they will make you use a biz class connection for it. most of those are $$
yeah, my isp (rogers) spyies on people and doesnt let you run servers.

john123 said:
yeah, my isp (rogers) spyies on people and doesnt let you run servers.

ahh yes, the good ol'e big brother networks :D really what they do isnt spy on you, directly.... we can track your upload usage, and your incoming requests.. for example web server would be getting http requests and or ftp, now, depending on the ammount of hits this generates, it will flag your connection which is adressable by the mac address on your modem. the mac on your modem, ties into a database that has all the acct. info, and they can search that database for the mac address, find the only active account that has that mac on it, then bam. your caught.

No, that they dont. all they see are traffic stats. like bandwidth usage etc.. not whats going through.

ok. because one time, i downloaded star wars empire at war (not for illegal purposes, but to see if it was worth buying), and i got an email from roger saying i broke copyright. how did they know then?

LOL sounds to me like rogers does track it, or you downloaded it from a server that was being watched for that purpose. They are out there watching you whenever you download something like that. maybe not this time but they are out there waiting on random servers, and all they have to do is get your ip and notify your isp. which goes back to the discussion a few days ago about not being able to be traced via ip. ;)

Back
Top Bottom