Device manager issues

axr0284

Solid State Member
Hi,
I was looking at my device manager and I noticed that there was yellow exclamation mark next to some items:
ST3MP28 SCSI controller (under SCSI and RAID controllers)
Plug and Play Bios extension (under System devices)

Is there a way to trace why those are there. I googled those and nothing came up that matches my problem. I was wondering if somebody could shed some light on why that would be. I have no sata drives and nothing is set to raid mode. It is safe to uninstall those drivers or not. I have a Gigabyte DA-G1975X motherboad with IDE hard drive and two optical drives. Thanks
Amish

Did you ever have a ST3MP28 SCSI controller before??? if you did was it uninstalled properly??

If it wasn't uninstalled properly it still could be there. Causeing a conflict with something else.

Welcome to the forum. :D

I did hook a sata drive once but then I returned it. If the drive is not there, it should not show up in device manager, shouldn't it. What does that particular SCSI controller do. Can I uninstall it without causing my pc to crash. Anybody knows, Thanks
Amish

I'd say that it won't hurt it to uninstall it if it is not there anymore, but i'd wait for another opinon before i tried that.

Basicly that means that the device is not working, or is not attached, if it was for a device that you no longer have on the computer, i would just get rid of it, if it is not needed.

Right-click on the device and see what it says under device status. An explanation point usually means the drivers for the device cannot start. Either they are corrupt, not installed correctly, or in conflict with something else. If you are 100% positive you are not using the SCSI controller, you can uninstall it. It will probably come back though. Best solution is to find the correct driver for the device, and install the drivers for it. What is the make and model of your PC?

I took a chance and uninstalled both drivers and nothing has happened so far so i am pretty hapy about it.
Although I still don't know the root of the problem, it was probably due to the sata drive that I plugged in one time. Thanks everybody for your help
Amish

Back
Top Bottom