How to use internet with a Hub switch!

lhuser

Golden Master
I wne to Curcuit City (Radioshack) and bough a HUB switch refurbished for $2!

Well, I wasn't apparantly able to use the internet. But, by reading the manual a bit, I hooked my internet in port 1 and my PC, in port 2. U press uplink, which acess the switch to go in other hub and stuff. Well, I am talking to you with my Netgear EN104TP switch for $2! Now, I have two hubs! How awesome is this eh? :D

DJ-CHRIS said:
Hub's and switches are very different. There is no such thing as a hub switch.
You would be suprised what lhuser can find, or purchase for next to nothing. Wait till he goes dumpster diving again...
rofl1.gif

DJ-CHRIS said:
Hub's and switches are very different. Their is no such thing as a hub switch.
This is correct. a hub has no "intelegent" configuration. a switch does. all a hub is, basicly put a manifold. it has no way of routing packets or any processing capabilities to it. a switch on the other hand can, depending on what type of switch it is, and what you have it set up to do.

----edit----

here is a good general info about the difference. doesnt get into too much detail, but might help you understand the difference.

http://www.networkclue.com/hardware/network/switches-vs-hubs.aspx

I'm sure Lhuser LOVES his dumpster. :p Haha, but yeah that's a pretty good deal.

There's TONS of garbage for me to look at every 2 first days :D

I won't forget :p

And on the OEM box, it DOES says it's refurbished, but I found out it was the AC plug that failed. They sent another one. These things are $40, dropped to $14.99 and then I see that price saying $1.99

Screw this! I ain't going to pass on that! Mostly when it's compact!

Back
Top Bottom