internet login problem!

acekrn

In Runtime
hey guys, recently i've been on the net, and all of a sudden it started disconnecting me randomly. When i log on to the internet, it takes like 10 seconds extra on the CONNECTING THROUGH PPPOE message.. and like triple the time on verifying username and password and the registering to network etc.

i called my ISP first of course, and they give me bullsh!t suggestions like, is ur modem connected? NO SH!T sherlock. the isp guys dont know sh!t. i know it's something to do with on their end. anyone ever run into the same problems?

i know i should probably post this on networking but less people go there, anyway, thanks in advance.

Scan for virus's, thats all I can think of, spyware maybe.

Have you recently removed any?

Dunno, could be peak times for your isp. I'm guessing you have dial up since you say you have to put your username and password. If you're fed up with your isp, it might just be time to switch. There are tons of good dial-up isps, as well as decent dsl and cable internet providers. I have Verizon Dsl, and only pay 16 bucks a month after tax.

i did scan viruses, (i KNOW for sure it isnt viruses) and yes i do have DSL

i did manage to get another isp level 2 guy on the phone, and he's telling me it' ssomething to do with their servers CLOGGING up with my information or something. and that some figures are over 90% and thats whats making it go over the edge.. he said the figures should be under 90% or it will keep on doing that.. anyone knwo?

What kind of modem is it?? Chances are thats the problem, the modem has taken or is taking a shit. I would call them up and request a new one.

yeah it's a regular dsl modem, had it for 3 years, probably outdated and pooped.

Back
Top Bottom