Installing a new GPU, need advice

Zapdos

In Runtime
Hey,
Ok i am getting my friends old card from him tommoro since hes rich and got Duel 7900 gtx's lol. Hes giving me his 6800 GT Pci-express and i wanna know how to install it on my comp without getting shocked or killed lol. So can you guys just help me out here lol thanks.
My comp specs:
AMD Athlon 3700+ OC, 2.7ghz
BFG 6600 (but getting new one :))
1gig
mobo, Socket 939 nForce 4 ultra A8N-8

Thanks for the help

LMAO! trust me, you certainly won't get shocked, or killed. first uninstall the current nvidia drivers, (from add/remove programs control panel) and TURN OFF your computer, completely unplugging it. then opent he case, and touch any metal part of the computer to free yourself of static electricity. (this isn't very necessary, but it's always safe to do it) then, take the old card out, slide the new one in turn on the PC, pop in the drivers disc, or download them from nvidia's website, and your good to go!

so 1) before i turn off my comp i have to uninstall all the nvida drivers ?
2) unpug the power cords, touch the metal ( i wont die lol)
3) Remove old card insert new card, and one question do i install the card from windows start up screen when do i insert the disks or what not?

Dont do it on carpet, or the card will become static and not work. Do it on a not-static surface, and earth yourself first!

Back
Top Bottom