RAM Overclocking

THEpiGUY

Daemon Poster
I want to get the most out of my RAM safely. I'm a complete n00b to overclocking, so can anyone help me out?

My models are (2) Corsair CMX512-3200C2 modules.
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc..._Code=140843&Category_Code=Unbuffered_Corsair

My voltage setting is currently set at 2.6v. How high can I put this with it still being safe?

Also, I could later be replacing (or adding on to) these with Corsair TWINX2048 3200C2. If anyone knows a safe voltage for these too, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who offers help. I greatly appreciate the advice.

Ok, thanks a load. but how sure are you...I really really don't want to fry my ram, as you can see I used the word "safe" way too many times in my previous post :D

So you think that 2.8 is alright, would 2.7 or 2.75 be a sure thing? I'm sorry for being such a n00b, I'm trying to learn this stuff. Thanks again, I'll probably try 2.8 in a little bit, as soon as my brother quits playing BF2.

I have that memory and if I raise the voltage over 2.8 it dosent help so you dont need to go any higher then that.

Alright, I immensely appreciate the help guys. unless anyone just wants to back this up, there is really no need for anyone else to post. :)

Back
Top Bottom