If you know a thing or two about computers...

workster311

Beta member
Hi everyone,

i have a quick question to ask you. I'm about thinking about buying a HP laptop, but i want to be able to play World of Warcraft on it. I'm interested in the dv1000 series because of its size, but I have no idea if I can play a game like this on the computer. If you can tell me if the computer is compatible or if another HP laptop will work, it would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

here is a comparison chart

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...ding=notebooks&category=hp_pavilion&aoid=1426

Andy

That is NOT, a gaming notebook. PC2700 Ram modules, 1.8 pentium M is pretty slow, 4200 RPM hard disk drive is practically the slowest you can get for a hard drive, and intergrated graphics? I would say, if you could actually get it to run, it would be such an agonizing experience, that you would probably tear your head off trying to walk 30 feet that would probably take you 20 minutes.

That isn't a gaming PC that probably wouldn't run WOW, even on the lowest settings. That is a word processing, and internet browsing PC. It would be good for writing reports, and browsing.

The Pentium M is fine, but it's the Intel Extreme Integrated graphics that's gonna get you.

Yeah sure, the Pentium M is fine, but it still isn't going to do well with WOW. You know, they don't even tell you memory timings, or anything specific. That sucks.

I actually checked out the "More Specs" page, and even went "more info", and there were no timings for the memory. CAS RAS all that jazz was no where to be seen. Whatever.

Yeah, I would not go with the HP dv1000 series. I hit customize for this series and for graphics upgrades you can only get a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. This is an intergrated video solution which is most likely pretty crappy. I have the 910gl chipset on my comp, and its not the greatest for running games like WoW.
Go for the dv5000t. You can upgrade to the Nvidia 7400 graphics card for only $150, which would do wonders for your graphics question. The 7000 series is Nvidia's top of the line graphic cards.

LukeD said:
Yeah sure, the Pentium M is fine, but it still isn't going to do well with WOW. You know, they don't even tell you memory timings, or anything specific. That sucks.

Pentium M's work differently. They're pretty efficient, unlike the Prescott cores.

Back
Top Bottom