Soundblaster Live value

kocheez75

In Runtime
In my current dell dimension, i am using the sound blaster live card that came with it when i bought it (in year 2000). Right now, im building a new computer, and was just curious as to if this card would have any performance advantages over onboard audio. Its a pci card, but Im not sure if it has hardware support or not. Do all cards offer hardware support?

yeh it would, onboard sound isnt really that gd, i would defo go with a pci card, plus the sound blaster cards come with better software so u can do more with the sound, i wouldnt use the pci card u have got in the dell 1 4 the new pc, coz it is from dell so it mite not let u install the software and stuff

Yeah, the Soundblaster card def has advantages over the onboard audio. It has more outputs/inputs so you can connect to more stuff, like speakers, etc. Also with the software, you would have additional features compared to the intergrated audio. It should have support for hardware. Google your soundblaster card, and check out the specs.

r_moore04 said:
yeh it would, onboard sound isnt really that gd, i would defo go with a pci card, plus the sound blaster cards come with better software so u can do more with the sound, i wouldnt use the pci card u have got in the dell 1 4 the new pc, coz it is from dell so it mite not let u install the software and stuff

its pci so it would work in the new system

ChuNalt787 said:
usin a dedicated sound card will also help some with performance in games and such

Yeah, thats what I was wondering. So does anyone know if this card would help perfomance in games?

Yeah, I've still got my trust worthy Sound Blaster Live Value, and it hasn't stepped me wrong :p I've had it about 6-7 years now at least!

Newer cards can offer more performance in games, with more hardware sounds effects supported, and for example EAX (the latest) being supported allowing for hardware based echo's, etc being suppported in new games.

The Sound Blaster Live Value supports EAX 2.0 which is pretty basic, but I don't tend to use it anyway.

As long as you keep your drivers updated, you should have no problems with the card.
I doubt I'll change for a while yet.

But yes, tonnes better than having an onboard sound chip!!!

Back
Top Bottom