System restore

EricM

Daemon Poster
How do u properly use this feautre on windows xp? under the system options for system restore it just has a check box to turn it on or off but how do u go back to when u last turned on system restore? i know youre supposed to turn it off when u get viruses and stuff but what is the point of systehm restore then?

I take it you are accessing System Restore form the system directory in your control panel, you need to access it from: Start > Programmes (All Programs if XP start menu) > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
When you access it this way you are given the opportunity to select Restore Computer to a previous time, Create a restore point etc.
Most virus scanners can now remove viruses from restore points, you really only need to disable System Restore if you have a particularly tenacious virus resident there, once done and the virus is dealt with you can create a new restore point.

yeh ment 2 leave it on, then everyday it creates a System Checkpoint, as u see in the pic

sr1.jpg

Yeah its a really good feature and it also stores a checkpoint when you install prgrams

Totally off topic: @ r moore04 - Mate, thats a disgustingly low 3DMark03 score (see my sig for mine), kick that 6600 into touch and get a better card, it is bottlenecking your whole system (which btw is not too shabby, except for the video card) Also what driver did/are you using?

Back
Top Bottom