x700

im not sure about hl2 on high settings, probly higher in the mid-range. you shouldnt be that dissapointed though, its not too bad of a card. if you were to save up like $50 more you could get a 7600GT which would definitely play HL2 on high settings and CS:S and BF2 on high settings, you wont be dissapointed

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130283

you also get AOE:III free with this card. thats a geat deal.

also don't go with powercolor. either xfx or evga. they're reliable with great warranties

Powercolor isn't bad or anything. Becides, eVGA and XFX are different...they're nVIDIA distrobutors, while Powercolor is ATI.
The X700 is decent at best. But yeah, if you want, save up a little more and get the 7600 GT. It's a pretty good low-mid range card.

alvino said:
Powercolor isn't bad or anything. Becides, eVGA and XFX are different...they're nVIDIA distrobutors, while Powercolor is ATI.
The X700 is decent at best. But yeah, if you want, save up a little more and get the 7600 GT. It's a pretty good low-mid range card.
the 7600gt... a low-mid range card!?!? what counts as a mid range card then? :confused: :D :D

7600GT and 6800GS are the current mid-range nVidia cards. Supposedly the 7600GT is the mid-range successor of the 6600GT, just like the 6600GT was the successor of the Ti4200.

I'm probably always going to go mid-range, so much cheaper yet still performs great.

ericf1993 said:
hey guys i was thinking of getting a pwercolor radeon x700 for agp and i am wondering if that is good card rite now. i can't go any higher than 120 dollars.
and can i play bf2 med settings, cs:s oon high settings and hl2 on high setings with this card. my specs are p4 2.4 ghz and 512mb ram. here is the link to the card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814131307
Yeah it should play HL-2 and CS:S at high settings, i play CS:S at Med 1024X768 with a 9600se

I'd consider the 7000 Nvidia series to be high end, and the Radeon x1900xtx high end as well. Only hard-core gamers need 'em.

Back
Top Bottom