Court

Lac3y said:
I agree that if burglars are in your house you should be able to use whatever force you like, but that Tony Martin case was different. His gun license had been taken away from him, and the shotgun he used was illegal. What's more he didn't even say where he'd got the gun, he just said he found it in the back of his truck.

The big thing about that case was that he shot the burglars in the back. Which means that they were either running away, or they had no idea he was there. He didn't even shout a warning, he just shot them.

nah, i think it was justified... check out this link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/719895.stm

the kid who was killed was a gypsy, and had been in trouble with the police since he was 13 years old, frankly he should have been jailed/gone to a young offenders institute... Martin had had trouble with burglars before this incident... he was a 55 year old man, with two burglars breaking into his house, i think it was fine for him to defend his property, a pikie got killed in the process... one less little brat running around breaking laws and causing problems...

i saw this thing in the news once where a guy sued himself because he was driving a tractor and he ran over his car. when the court said "you cant sue yourself", he made his wife file the claim. what a spatula.

mark thorpe said:
she got sued for someone falling through her roof? how the hell can they justify that? the guy who did it should have to pay out compensation and damage to property..

the court system is responsible for alot of the crime which is happening. they concentrate too much on minor things, like driving offences, my mum got a ticket for being 2, yes two miles an hour over the limit, 32 in a 30. 3 points and £60, pathetic.

i like the thing a caller said on radio two the other day, they should only be able to issue one driving ticket for every burglar they convict... fair game to me!

Dude, you can ask to have the case dissmissed for a lack of evidence. They have to allow 10% for errors in reeadout of the speed gun.

I really think our court system in America has gone to hell in a handbasket. I have heard of people sueing a sccor orginazation because they kicked a ball twoards her bike, and they yelled to her, but she did nothing, wiped out, and broke her hip. And the people who sue because they spilt coffee on them selves, and got burned, even thought the cup said HOT.

I was flipping thruuoght channels once, and saw a court case where a lady sued because she moved, but didn't get her stuff out by the designated date, so the new home owners rented a storage unit and puter her stuff in there, and it was damaged. And another case where a woman was hurt in a car crash because she didn't use common sense, and got in a car with a drunk person.

I bet she was like I DIDN'TKNOW SHE WAS DRUNK, In a geramnc ourt they'd say fumbling with keys, and chugging down the beers didn't give you an idea?

About the stuff that got put away, german judge, would you have rathered them put it out on the street for poeple to take? Or get a few damaged items back instead of nothing at all.

Since both cases it's the stupidity they'd get rejected. Also I think a german court don't really have a jury they have 5 or 7 judges that vote on each case. IDK how it extactly works I do know they don't deal with BS.

David Lindon said:
Yeah german court sounds like it has common sense, thats something our society needs more of now.

That will never happen over here. The lawyer's are so crooked and the laws got so many loop holes it's hard to get something right in the courts nowadays.

As for the guy who broke in and fell on the knife, wouldn't of been sueing me cause he would of had a knife in his chest.

The first person who breaks into my house better get to me before i get to him, i wonder if you can hit a homerun on someones head.... i have an aluminum bat i use for softball.... :D

I tend to agree, frankly in the states if anyone where to break into their house either me or my dad would have a gun pointing at them. I myself knew extactly where all the guns where the .38 was in the guestroom across from me, it had a quick load feature, and frankly it'll blow a nice size hole into anyone that feels the need to break in. And we had a few rifles in the closet, we once had a doublebarrel shotgun which is easy to lead considering the shells were laying next to it. All that would be needed is a quick load, but chances are we'd go for teh .22 since its easiest just gotta cock it, aim and fire. Over in the UK I would fear breaking into a house as much as I would in the states you never know when the owner will have a pistol on his bedside or under his pillow if he is a hunter chances are he'd have a gun. In my friends room back in the states he had a 30/30 all he would do to unload is take out the clip, and cock any bullet that was in the barrel out and put the clip next to his rifle. If anyone broke into his house they'd have a hole inside of em. Frankly, if a man breaks into your house, I feel you have ANY RIGHT to do what ever action you deem neccesary. Granted there can be a trail to determine if it was a break in its its questioanble. But frankly in self defense in the case you kill a man, there should be NO and I SAY NO PUNISHMENT. Period.

Back
Top Bottom