Need help with Startbar

KillaRay

Baseband Member
im on windows xp and my startbar is stuck in the classic look even if i select the new one... i hate the classic looks, can anyone help me get this problem fixed

checked those... i thought the second one would work but i dont even have that option in Display Properties all it has is Windows Classic style and not the XP 1

If you have no option in your display properties your problems are bigger than a loss of XP start menu, there are two options, you can run sfc /scannow (windows system file checker) or do a repair install of windows.

i fixed it.. my themes were disabled in administrative tools/computer management... thanx for the help guys.. but now my shortcuts r losing their icon pictures and when i fix them the change for a few seconds and go back to a blank icon

no clue wut the icon thing might be? ive checked alot of my program folders and its every icon not just the shortcuts

KillaRay said:
i fixed it.. my themes were disabled in administrative tools/computer management... thanx for the help guys.. but now my shortcuts r losing their icon pictures and when i fix them the change for a few seconds and go back to a blank icon

i was going to suggest that. as for your other prob im not too sure. are the shortcuts still going to files or programs that are still there?

yes, the shortcuts work its just that none have icons, they're just blank.. i checked their target folders also and no programs have icons, they're all blank

Back
Top Bottom