firewalls which is the best

Hackslayer

Daemon Poster
ok here is some resalts on firewalls but wait before I tell you which do you think is the best ? P.S. havn't try outpost yet sorry

personally I think iptables is the best. it's powerful and really configurable. It's kinda hard to work with though if you don't know what youre doing. it's *Nix only though.

ok since there's a new thread on Zone labs all post some now : ok Zonealarm free has scored 100% on all tests its real user friendly Exept you can't veiw what programs are running currently so to fix that problem download a2hijackfree it shows every thing thats running on your computer second problem is that it conflicts with avast so you have to choose one or the other. next is over a weeks period 1 hacker got in 5 spyware so over all itgot 90% it had no open ports but it wasn't completly steathed on all tests but it blocked all test attacks this is one of the best firewalls on the market very good. next up is aol saftey and security firewall it scored 65-75% on all tests it isn't very user friendly it had 10 open ports it blocked programs that needed to run a very confusing fire it had stealthed 50% of the time over a weeks period it got 7 hackers 23 spyware so over all I give it 48% I do not recomend this firewall. next up is Rfirewall this firewall is Cr@* I didn't even take the time to test this thing its not user friendly it asks you if you want to allow hackers in it has no stealth and over a 20 min. period it got a womping 27 hackers and11 spyware I give this firwall 5% highly not recomended. I'll post more later all these tests are conducted by me and these are my views these are what I recomend

Zone alarm for me, It's done me good. Doesn't use much resources and offers great protection on what goes in and out of your computer.

Cisco PIX in comparison... Zone Alarm would be a tissue for a sheild aposed to a Cisco PIX would be a tank :D happy hunting

mr.monger said:
i wish i could afford a cisco router... it would make me feel manly...

Cisco are the best. And PIX are the best firewall :)

I personally run a Cisco 831 K9 router, security wise it's just a step below PIX.

Back
Top Bottom