PC freezin

gibsonsg0005

Baseband Member
Every like 30 seconds or so my PC freezes up but then goes back to normal. Sometimes it freezes and when it goes back everything but the mouse works. I check my task manager to see if I was overdoing the CPU but at the time it said CPU usage was 0% - 1%. I have 512mb of ram but only 225mb are being used. My pc has a P4 @ 3ghz and I'm running WinXp. The temperature is about 82'F. My computer does not need to be defraged and I already ran 2 adaware programs. Does any one know why this is happening to my PC?
Thanks
-Rob

Just basic stuff; internet explorer, AVG anti-virus, windows media player, Aim. Not always on at the same time but that usually it..

Let's try something simple first.
Go to safe mode and run all your scans over again. In normal mode some things get by the scans.

try scanning for spyware/adware. take a look at your processes in the taskmanager and end the ones that look unfamiliar

Maybe some drivers are conflicting with each other. Check hardware manager and see if there is anything suspicious. Try and update your drivers as well. Sometimes a good update is all you need.

Back
Top Bottom