cannot change xp background

dude_se

Proper Legend
i had this problem on my old pc and i had to keep creating a new user. now its happening on my new pc. i can see a list of wallpapers but not all the defaults are there, only some. i can choose to use any listed but when i click browse and then click on any picture it will just go back to what was set before and it wont change. i dont think i have spyware as i usually check but am not sure. any help??

yes, same thing happens. it usually shows a preview in the little monitor but now it just shows the wallpaper you are using not the new one you selected

bump!
i can only change the bkground to anything i want through the picture and fax viewer, othewise i can only choose some from the list in display properties. ive checked the list of wallpapers i can choose from and 80% are my own and not windows ones (ie ones i have used in the past).
i could just make a new user and transfer all my stuff but the problem is my msn smilies. i know its stupid but i have a collection i have added from people over time and it annoys me when ever i loose them

All default windows background images reside at: C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper

If you want a picture to permanently be part of the list just put it in that folder (a shortcut would probably suffice as well). Check this folder to see if the images you want are actually there.

i know that!
all the default wallpapers are in there but they wont show up on my background list as they should. only some random old wallpapers show which i used to use (not windows ones) and i can only use them. browsing and choosing a picture does nothing exept brings me back to the current pic i am using :(

Back
Top Bottom