$400

keep in mind directx 10 will be coming out soon after vista (im guessing) and all graphics cards will need to be replaced to support new games, save your money for now

Yeah, if your current frame rates are sufficient, stick with your 6600 gt. If you really intend on running the latest games oh high settings, go for the 7800, or 7900gtx. I'd reccommend you just save up your money, until you can decide on something to spend it on. Heres a suggestion, you might want to spend that money on a digital camera. Having one is really neat, and its pretty handy incase you want to take pics on the fly. Plus, many of the cameras arent really too expensive, and you can get a 4 mp camera for about 100 bucks.

What is your current graphics card?

also, remember, even though you'll have that nice new shiny graphics card, it's going to be hurting when DX10 comes out. if your current system is good enough, then wait and save. There is no point getting a high end right now.. as dx9 is nearing the end of it's days.

Me on the other hand, I NEED the upgrade, but since I don't want to spend a lot just to have to upgrade to dx10 later, i'm going mid-range (7600GT)

and personally, I don't care for LCD monitors. Thier nice, yeah.. but unlike some other people, I dont mind big CRTs, as I have a big desk. (and a smaller wallet)

How long until Dx10 comes out and major gaming manufacturers actually start using it? Lol, hopefully when it comes out it doesnt have any major glitches.

direct x 10? what will be the biggest differences and like whats going to happon when it comes out? different types of gpu's?

Back
Top Bottom